Monday 2 January 2012

BUNTING



Before Christmas I became a very proud Auntie to a nephew called Arthur...I had a few hours to spare so thought I would give bunting a go. Something I have always wanted to do, but never got round to. I was really pleased with the result and I will definitely be making some to decorate our student house. 

For this bunting I used four different patterned fabrics, preferably in a strong/thickish cotton, just because I think it looks better and will last longer. 

What I used:
A triangular template
Scissors
Pins
2 lengths of Bias Binding ( I used Navy blue for the front and Red for the back)
I had 8 triangles, so I cut out 16 to begin with.
Red and blue felt for the lettering

I didn't take many photos whilst I was making the bunting, but I got the general idea from this website. Otherwise I used my initiative. Definitely use a sewing machine though, hand sewing would take weeks!

1 comment: